Welcome to Cambridge's student climate change campaign!
We want the University of Cambridge to seriously commit to ambitious and effective carbon reduction target and take strategic action to achieve these.
At the same time, we aim to engage Cambridge students on issues of climate change in fun and entertaining ways. We organise a student campaign each year to raise awareness and encourage students to act on climate change.
See what we get up to! Making wind turbines in the snow to show our support climate change action and renewable energy!*
Current News and Events
Students' submission of evidence to the Environmental Policy Review!
20th March 2014
We did it! Energise Cambridge, CUSU, 5 other student environmental societies and 3 college JCRs put together a powerful statement about what we, as students, want to see in the new Environmental Sustainability Policy for Cambridge University.
- Freshers' Squash - 15th October 2014
- Freshers' Festival 2014
- The People's Climate March - 21st September 2014
- Annual General Meeting - 13th March 2014
- We are recruiting! See our Events page for more details.
- University Environmental Policy Workshop - 5th December 2013
- Cambridge Climate Forum - 25th January 2014
- Go Green Week - 10-16 February 2014
- Fossil Free Friday - 14th February 2014
- Local Schools Project with Cambridge Hub
- Climate Week - 3-9 March 2014
Find out about other climate change events in Cambridge and the UK on our Facebook page.
Ongoing Campaign Commitments
- Environmental Strategy Committee meetings (3 per year)
- Energy and Carbon Reduction Project meetings (monthly)
- Environmental Policy Review Committee meetings (frequently until April 2014)
- Ethical Network events with Cambridge Hub (during term)
We meet in the Sidney Sussex JCR on Wednesday at 7pm. However sometimes this changes, so it's best to email to check before you come. This is where we discuss our campaign strategy and plan our next events.
*Many thanks to Matt Harris from cambridgefilm.com for making this video possible! Cambridge Film produces high-quality media content for benevolent organisations and charities, using funds raised from generous private-sector businesses and supportive individuals.